Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze

January 11, 2017 4 Comments A+ a-


Did you find some bricks under your Christmas tree ? I did ... :-) I found there two LEGO Ideas sets ! Yupiiii ! My parents know very well that LEGO Ideas is one of my favourite themes.
And LEGO 21305 Maze was the set about which I was wondering quite a long time. So long until I've sadly found out during the Black Friday sales that it is no more available in LEGO stores. The more I was surprised when I unwrapped it under the Christmas tree. :-)

Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze
I have never been able to imagine how does the Maze look and work in reality and whether you can really play with it conveniently. Now I know that you can ! :-) And it's a lot of fun, but you need a lot of patience too. Because this funny game will easily make you crazy ! :-)

Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze
It looks like a real labyrinth where your task is to get the shiny orange ball from the green to the red place without getting stuck in the black holes. Not as easy as it might sound, though. You control the movements of the ball by two wheels.

Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze
By rotating the wheels you make the maze move from side to side and from up side down. It's simple !

Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze
The whole mechanism which moves the Maze is hidden in the bottom of the set.

Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze
It's not only playable set but also looks nice displayed. I haven't still mastered the basic maze variant shown on the photos so far. There is one more variant described in the instructions to the set. A bit wilder one. :-)

Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze
However, I find it much simpler than the basic variant because there are less holes. :-) Or maybe because I become stronger and stronger after hours of practising ! ;-) Who knows.

Set 21305 - LEGO Ideas Maze
You can create your own labyrinth by re-bricking the upper part of the maze. Imagination has no limits. :-)



Overall, I think that it is an above average LEGO set.



Do you have the Maze in your LEGO collection ? If not, would you like to add this set to your collection ?



I will be very happy if you comment bellow. :-)

4 komentářů

Write komentářů
OhioBricker
AUTHOR
12 January 2017 at 19:12 delete

I'm glad LEGO produces sets like these. But my brother and I have agreed to limit our LEGO collection to Minifig-scale sets/products. Even within the Minifig-scale realm, we try to limit our purchases to what we can reasonably use in our LEGO town (very little Star Wars, Nexo Knights, Angry Birds, etc.)
I can certainly appreciate sets like this one (and the VW Beetle, etc.) I just don't ever see myself adding one to my collection.

Reply
avatar
Lego Girl
AUTHOR
13 January 2017 at 08:10 delete

I'm glad too. This set is so different compared to others I built so far. I didn't even put it into the glass display in our living room and rather have it on my table so that I can practise every day ! :-)
Can't find the role the set could play in your LEGO city. Maybe something like labyrinth for kids and adults ? Kind of amusement park. :-) That's the only thing coming to my mind. :-)

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
23 January 2017 at 16:17 delete

I love the Ideas theme too and did buy a Maze set for myself. :-)

Reply
avatar
Lego Girl
AUTHOR
24 January 2017 at 08:33 delete

I love it too. You never know what comes next. The maze is a good example of such an unexpected set.

Reply
avatar